The pursuit of happiness is a chase for a lifetime..

Jul 8, 2007

Gone so far.....

Half of the things people want to know is none of their business..talk about Padma-Rushdie disconnection; what the hell people gotto do with why it happened now not before…wrong dimensionality, I call it…
How would daily journals run business then, right ?? So lemme say all’s well…
Wrapping it with a posh glace outlook, they say its requisite to be well read and generally aware of the surround..huh !

I go to buy provisions for the house almost daily; the keeper wouldn’t lift an eyelid to the ones not caring to pay by credit card, a gold credit card…superficiality has engulfed, must say!!

Forgetting the times when they cycled 12 km for college no where known in the town..and today they behave high-and-mighty in front of the deprived…I think they are living dead…

I am not usually so irritated but I get baffled every so often...and I call it QUITS

"rondh kar insaniyat is mukam tak tu aaya hai,
jane kitno se rishta toda jane kitno se banaya hai...
nazar utha ke dekh ab us aankh se kisi ko,
jisse ansun kabhi apni hi bechariyat par bahaya hai.."

posted by Rashi at 12:03 PM

16 Comments:

great...
Last four lines are just wonderful..

take care

July 9, 2007 at 1:56 AM  

u always come up with something really thought provoking...something which makes us feel so small..n a wish n a sigh!!!

loved the last lines..u write so good poetry..loved it!!1

July 9, 2007 at 3:45 AM  

that was so correct!!!!
That reminds me of the agnee song "Sadho Re"

July 9, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

ryc- thanks for the kind words regarding my post :-)

"well stringed", makes me think it should be said to the strumming of a harp...

July 9, 2007 at 11:31 AM  

just came across your blog from Annie's blog...some of your posts and graphics are really interesting !!!

Nice work...

Cheers

July 9, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

WOW GREAT POST your posts are always thoughtful....hehe and i love your poetry!!!!!!!!!1

July 9, 2007 at 4:29 PM  

I find it more and more easy to get irritated with people as I go along. Or I guess I should give a Pride and Prejudice quote since I'm obsessed with it: "The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied wit h it."

July 9, 2007 at 8:08 PM  

@shruti - thx :) u take care too

@dream catcher - hey dreamie..nah dont feel small..jst think..thx if u liked the poetry.

@the acid tongue - hmm..yeah correct and sad

@dj - nytime dj, really liked ur work..

@sandie goes live - hey sandie, thx dude..i likd ur posts..shall be a regular now..nything for gud reading :)

@kaylee - thx sweets :)

@emilie - very well quoted :(

July 9, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

I simply loved some ofyour posts....keep rocking !!!!

July 10, 2007 at 1:38 AM  

you cn read "coming back", "desperate hearts" etc...thts my real work....

July 10, 2007 at 1:42 AM  

Curiosity shall be the fall of man...tv is making this generation dumb!

Don't watch the news. read :)

Good post.

Bahut kam log hain jo hindi mein bhi utni acchi tarah apni baat kah paate hain jitni angreji mein :)

Good one!

N

July 10, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

That was really cool! I like the way you put in pictures and the words! A little more of these Hindi shayaris please!

P.S. - Thanks for dropping by at my blog!

July 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

Damn true and everybody needs something or the other to run their life with popular faces.

July 10, 2007 at 11:40 PM  

@sandie goes live - thx dude !

@nothingman - thx, if u think i have that skill.

@the black king - sure thing..
ur blog is equally nice.

@priya - hey how was ur one week break..i am happy tht u turned back :)

July 11, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

great great post..

totally can relate to it.. and i agree as well!

cheers!

July 31, 2007 at 10:23 AM  

I never realised that you were a great poet besides being a great writer...!!

April 3, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home