The pursuit of happiness is a chase for a lifetime..

Jun 15, 2007

Promise land



Once I was deeply in love, yes ‘once’ and then I was intentionally, badly, brutally betrayed..left with a shattered belief, love fades. Prior to the woe I had my own whims and fancies of moon light dances and beach side walks, of sweet nothings and smiles in talks...but my lovely blue sky turned cobalt scary once and for all, at least I thought so..

Life decides to make you believe in things that you adamantly refuse to acknowledge. My life did the same to me..I have the memory of this story from the days when my beautiful idea of love had just slipped through the crack. And my heart was blank but blotted. There was this couple so much deeply and madly in love that in presence of each other around everything else turned blurred.

Too sweet to believe but ‘twas true…
Let me give them names for the purpose of story telling. The boy baptized Vincent, the country boy and the girl Sarra, so much to their names. He met her on a dull autumn day; she was so pretty and quiet. But that really didn’t matter to him then. He kept destroying the gladiolus plantation much to the agony of Sarra. A girl who so divinely entered his life, that he himself was clueless about the timing. With no abstraction of love or the idea for that matter he followed his heart. There was no bona fide conversation between the two but there lived something very pure and deep. He had a hint that Sarra loved flowers and didn’t like anybody destroying them. Everyday she would softly walk up to the farm and admire the growing beauty. And ever since lives the Gladiolus farm, maintained and unshaken. They say the country boy takes care of the flowers, unconditionally. It’s been years that nobody has seen the girl. But he still sees her walking past and standing still, his eyes...he would still wake up right before she comes to see the flowers…he would still feel his love growing in the petals of the flowers of the gardens of the hills. It’s named after the girl and the country boy guards it against the savage world...that is the purpose of his life, loudly announced, I heard…

It’s so dramatically etched in my mind that it has charmingly made me believe that love is deathless, AGAIN!
I am all ears to hear it is...what say??
posted by Rashi at 5:18 AM

1 Comments:

cute love story...
why is it that cute love stories dont have a happy ending but the banal ones enjoy till dusk..

July 5, 2007 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home