The pursuit of happiness is a chase for a lifetime..

Jun 9, 2008

Minus 1


Aging did not look terrific on any other day than this…

…the mum phone would not ring even in the day hours normally, and the li’l dude started shrieking yester night...sharp at 12…with a smile, I said, ‘Thank you so much for calling’, call after call…the day remained easy at work, a pizza party and a fruit cake filled it with fun, all the more…who doesn’t like being treated special…everyone flashes smiles and pats on the back…or shakes hands, as if I won the BAFTA award, huh…but they say its my day...I basked in the glory like Cinderella, when I cut the cake…no music was ever so beautiful to ears than those bass singers’…now I blow out the candle flame and here they go…la la la la lala..la la la la lalaaaa..hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmm

…the customary done!

Birthday candles don’t make me happy, neither does a cake…no celebration takes me rocking either…I thought may be a bouquet, or an expensive gift…for a while they do….but there is something so truly missing, I feel…it’ll rob me off the joy of being in here, year on year…

…why are few things so past correction?
Could be God did some mistake, sometime…Could be He wants to heal me...Could be…

If at all I may ask, and if my friends believe in the power of prayers…pray for me that my memories never fade and the time doesn’t teach me to stop missing…

I look up…into the mirror…and the one in there said, ‘Happy birthday’…

I heard…’Damn it, you’re growing fonder to God too…’
posted by Rashi at 4:04 AM

29 Comments:

And you say I write differently!!!

Happy Birthday :)

June 9, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

I absolutely love this part:

"Birthday candles don’t make me happy, neither does a cake…no celebration takes me rocking either…I thought may be a bouquet, or an expensive gift…for a while they do….but there is something so truly missing, I feel…it’ll rob me off the joy of being in here, year on year…"

Great job! :-)

June 9, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

Lets hope you feel complete the next year round! :)

happy birthday and thanks for droppin by my blog! :)

June 10, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

happy bday..!!enjoy...

June 11, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 12, 2008 at 2:41 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM  

loved ur blog.. absoloutely loved it..
innocent words yaa..
may god always keep u like dis..!

June 12, 2008 at 2:46 AM  

i guess i understand wat u said... sometimes everyone around you assumes you are happy, because u have reason to be, but something insides revolts and keeps muttering, no, there still is something that could make you happier.....

June 13, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

i guess i understand wat u said... sometimes everyone around you assumes you are happy, because u have reason to be, but something insides revolts and keeps muttering, no, there still is something that could make you happier.....

June 13, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

A belated birthday wish from a stranger, if you will accept.

Drifted in from samrina.

I think that you have a natural talent to express with words. Keep it up !

June 13, 2008 at 2:49 AM  

Happy Birthday dear with loads of prayers n love :)

Thanks for dropping by my page :)

Take care

June 13, 2008 at 3:25 AM  

Very well written indeed!

And wish U a very happy birthday!

June 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

ohhh missed wishin u on ur bday...well belated wishes!!!

June 13, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

"Plus 10" , u live longer when u clear your thoughts :)

June 15, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Belated Happy Birthday, Rashi! Beautifully expressed :)

& thanks for dropping by my page.

Sweety.

June 16, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

HBD
stay this way, keep writing
god bless

June 19, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

belated happy birthday!!!
but then what is it that you miss??
or maybe its a figment fo your imagination.. caused by the part of you which is not happy in current circs?? just a conjecture!!

June 20, 2008 at 6:31 AM  

belated birthday wishes,...what a sweet way to write an article...keep writing...do read mine when u find time..

June 23, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

hi.

first of all a bouquet of best wishes from my side....

Hope u enjoy throughout the year...

June 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

Hello!
thats an interesting write and even nicer title "minus I" ..
Belated Happy Birthday :)

June 24, 2008 at 2:09 AM  

"Minus 1 "was really nice..
" i looked up in to the mirror..."
that too was good..
Happy birthday..
do write continously..

June 27, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

and u grow fonder to god, and your blog readers..

belated happy birthday!

July 1, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Straight from the heart words.. Well written

I had/have the same feelings on my birthday(s)and can relate to it better now as my birthday too just passed (June 12) .. and yea m a felow gemini.

P.S : Sorry for the late comment ., hectic schedule is to be blamed.

July 1, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

wishing you belated happy birthday

co-blogger

July 5, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

Rashi,

First visit to your space. Belated Happy Birthday. You have a nice and different style of expressing your thoughts. Read some of your posts. One has to grow old and it has to be accepted gracefully.

Do visit me if you find time at

o3.indiatimes.com/niceguy251

Take care

July 11, 2008 at 1:07 AM  

Belated happy birthday to you Rashi:)

July 15, 2008 at 3:43 AM  

Happy Birthday girl!

July 17, 2008 at 3:49 AM  

Hi,first timer here from Curious.
Belated Birthday wishes.
The words have really danced to the tune of the emotions.Well written
Tc
Cu

July 18, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

I can so relate to this.With time,birthdays have lost their gusto.

July 29, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home