The pursuit of happiness is a chase for a lifetime..

Aug 24, 2007

Half way to heaven



I shall never crucify myself between regret of the past and fear of the future…My take…

On Myself - When I go the rightdoing or the wrongdoing way…there comes a patch of barren land…I’ll meet you there…there where I stand fearless, and I can talk to my hearts content.

On Family - My mother once asked me to leave the first morsel of my bread every time I have my meal…now what on earth makes her happy, I can’t even imagine…so I surrendered and I was talked about as a dutiful daughter in family sync ups…

On Society - I look at those nagging stray kids when they stop by my car and knock every now and often on the FULLY pulled up window…all they want is a little attention or no attention at all just a hand outta that window and alms…if I were to be the harbinger of the news of their death on those raving streets, I’d rather choose to be deaf and silent all my life. A penny on their palm for a lavish smile on those faces is all that’s needed and I’d be looked upon as the best car owner in that red light halt…and then I’m limitlessly blessed. So there I drop the alms…

On Love - A phone call wakes me up each morning…a reason memorable enough to keep me going all day, enough to keep me waiting for the next day, for the same moment, to be waken up by the same sweet voice, with the same words…

I kneel down to pray now…
I please all to please God; they say that’s the right way!


posted by Rashi at 8:37 AM

11 Comments:

Hey Rashi,

Good intense post. Could relate to it somewhere. Its sweet of you not to fear from the future and regret the past.

Really how many people are able to do that ? Just wonder how many ?

Take care,

Ashu

August 24, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

That was so beautiful..Yes,I give the alms too..In fact,once I asked one of them if he wants to drink some fruit juice,he replied saying that all he wants to drink is a glass of water from the water vendor...strange are the ways of life..

May your mornings bloom everyday:)

August 24, 2007 at 11:41 AM  

nice post rashi!
i loved what u have written bout society!
frankly speaking I never even lower my window glass when they knock on my car window!
I rarely give alms to them! Yes, I know, Im not really a nice person and yes i am ashamed of it!

peace & love
Jeevy

August 26, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

Rashi you are one holy good soul with an indomitable spirit.God bless!

August 28, 2007 at 12:58 AM  

very intense adn with great clarity of thought and depth..loved it!

August 28, 2007 at 4:12 AM  

@ashu - I am sorry there're none...
thx fr dropping by...

@priya - yeah strange Priya...my mornings ??? I wish..bt
change is unavoidable...

@rajeev - peace and love rajeev !

@annie - hey what make su say so?? thx fr being one of the regular visitors here...:)

@phoenix - thx fr dropping by...gud tht u liked it.

August 28, 2007 at 4:35 AM  

Very awesome words....
I thank you for the kind but real words you left at my blog...
Peace!

August 31, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Ur post says so..rather depicts so.

September 1, 2007 at 2:03 AM  

hey..
wow..

**one phone call wakes me up each morning..

love indeed is so innocent..that small things and reasons make up for big..

September 4, 2007 at 2:34 AM  

Hey mah blog awaits your chieseld thoughts....

September 4, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

you are tagged! go to my blog

peace & love
Jeevy

September 4, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home